More Info

Sunday, April 24, 2016

A rumble in the distance.

Here I sit, on the eve of a seeminly regular day to all, but I can't help but wonder, if the rumbling I hear is a sign of things to come or simply the side effect of a much needed rain for a nearby village.

We have had a calm Sunday here in Canilla. We enjoyed having some time to be lazy, but after those 5 minutes, we were able to catch up on a few chores and hobbies.

Ryan was able to fire up the engine in the old ford truck today. It is the first time in the last few (5 maybe?) years that the truck has ran. We started converting the truck about 5 months ago. It now has a Dodge engine and a Ford, well, everything else.  I could show you a picture, but it would look like something out of a scrap yard.  Maybe when it looks like a truck again.

We were able to make a few laps around the hospital on wheels today. This has been a fun family activity for us since the completion of the concrete around the courtyard. It was nice to coast around and around in circles. It is such a refreshing time for me. My most complicated decission is whether to turn right or left, and then, I just....coast.

This is it.... the eve of the day I have been dreading for over a year now... I am turning 30 tomorrow. I know, I know... in 20 years I will wish I could be 30 again. For me it is intimidating, and threatening.  I have to act like an adult now. All responsible and propper. Ehhhh, maybe I will get better at pretending.

I guess it is all what we make of it.  Either I am just getting older, or I am living to celebrate another year of life lived, life survived, and lessons learned.

I sure hope it rains tonight, but I wouldn't mind a quiet tansition into 30-hood tomorrow, maybe even a graceful one.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Katie Ann! Your blogs are so fun to read! Tell the family hello for me, will you? Thank you for the love your family pours out to those around you on a daily basis, it is inspiring! Have a great day! Gloria a Dios!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that big Ford is running! Happy Birthday Katie, thinking about and praying for your family.

    --Matt Young

    ReplyDelete